Sunday, April 1, 2012

Some of MY Favorite Poems


I wrote this years ago... before I was forced to grow up and was finally able to truly OWN and LOVE myself as I am meant to be - not as others wanted me to be... before I actually knew what it meant and felt like to REALLY love someone... before I realized how precious those around me TRULY were and how much I was losing, hiding from them so they didn't see the real ME - because I was so afraid I would lose their love... Now, I read it again, and every word holds so much more meaning! It is my "curse" to relive these feelings every day except every other weekend... 

My Wish
written and copyrighted by M.E. Paden 

Your words tear at my hear
I hope you don’t mean to hurt me
If only you needed me as I do you
My cheeks would be saved from my tears


I possess an ever present longing
To be held in your embrace
I am nothing without you
Alone, I fear I cannot go on


As you walk out the door
I become a shell of a human being
I am missing something that I dearly need
You have taken with you, the key to my happiness 


It would be so easy for you to appease me
And bring a smile to my face
My one and only wish
Is that you realize before it is too late


************************************

I don't know if I will ever find the peace, serenity that I long for... My world shattered on August 25th, 1987, and I have held onto that grief for so long because the thought of trying to let it go feels like a travesty to his memory... I have carried him with me for almost 25 years and will continue to do so until they return my body to the earth...

Serenity
written and copyrighted by M.E. Paden

I find myself floundering through life
Searching for my happiness…my peace
I am trapped by the web of confusion
It imprisons my mind…my dreams


Sorrow stalks me relentlessly
It thrashes at my hope…
replacing it with misery
Grief is an obstinate irritation


Refusing to surrender my contentment
If only I could break free
From the mist that surrounds me
Then, and only then, would I find serenity…

************************************

I can't remember when I wrote this... or who inspired it... For so long I have been desperately searching for the one that will make me feel complete, protected, cherished and loved. I look back through the years and realize that I had all those things within reach several times only to walk away out of fear. I am alone now and think it is best to stay that way. It is my fault, and I accept that.

Passion Dance
written and copyrighted by M.E. Paden 


I beckon thee
I wait with anticipation
For the moment in time
When we will become one
Two souls entwined
In a blur of passion
Soaring into oblivion
You beginning where I end
I ending where you begin
Time and space will have no place
In our clandestine world
Unity, Ecstasy, Tranquility

************************************

No matter what I have had to deal with in my life, I have almost always found a way to come back home to my Hope. Some have called me strong. It feels like desperation more than strength to me...

The Flame
written and copyrighted by M.E. Paden

a mind bewildered
surrounded by confusion
guided by faith
searches through the night 


a life in despair
surrounded by desolation
welcomed by hope
has not lost the fight 


a soul in pain
surrounded by turmoil
rescued by peace
has finally found the light 


a heart forlorn
surrounded by loneliness
illuminated by love
the flame glows bright


 ************************************

Your Love
written and copyrighted by M.E. Paden 


No longer the innocent
Of not so long ago
Your love is the burning fyre
That has transformed my soul 


You life force surrounds me
Though many lands apart
Your love is the gentle touch
That has healed my aching heart 


My fantasies awaken
Dreams have taken flight
Your love is the searing kiss
That has brought me back to life

************************************

Never, Ever, Forever
written and copyrighted by M.E. Paden

Dreams constantly plague me, 
Loves forgotten, soul mates lost, 
Reminders of what once was, 
What will never be, never.


Hope fills me with delight. 
Sadness, a forgotten foe. 
Happiness, my companion, 
Today, tomorrow, ever.


My life’s spirit sings eternally, 
Its message a humble song, 
Yearning for a soul to hold, 
To cherish, to love, forever.








No comments:

Post a Comment